Who are we?
Scojo New York is an independent eyewear label.
- Scojo New York, a collection of premium ready-to-wear reading eyewear, is inspired by the contemporary style of New York City.
- We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
What information do we collect?
We may collect data, including personal data, to operate our site and to effectively provide you with the access to our site and our products.
- Personal Information - you provide some of this data directly, such as when you create an account through our site to order products, when you interact with our site, or when you contact us for support or information. This information may include: your name and contact information, including email address, and demographic information, such as you postal code, preferences and interests.
- Marketing Information - we may also collect information from customer surveys; your response to offers, if you have a user account we collect your user account credentials to verify your right to access the account, and device and usage data.
- Device/Usage Data - we may collect device, connectivity and configuration data from you indirectly when you use our site or access your user account. Our servers may automatically record information that is sent from your browser upon visiting our site. This recorded information may include your web requests, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your select browser. Your inputted site search data may also be recorded and stored for various research purposes and/or to help resolve possible future technical issues which may in turn link a user ID and/or advertising ID to the performed search. Additionally by creating an account on our site, you are providing email and contact information for future promotions and data driven customer based research. If you contact us with any help request, in order to assist you with any trouble you may have accessing our site, your user account or purchasing our products, we may also collect contact and authentication data, chat data, and device or browser configurations.
- Links - Our site may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide while visiting such other websites.
How do we use this data?
We use the information you provide or that we collect to:
- Provide you with access to our site and our products;
- Respond to any requests you may make;
- Confirm your right to access your user account;
- Enhance our site and products;
- Perform data analytics;
- Communicate with you to send you special offers, discounts, or marketing information related to our products;
- Provide you with information about our products; and
- Assess our site, products and related services.
How long do we keep your data?
We retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to provide you with our products and services, and as long as we are required legally to retain any such data. If you have a user account, we retain that information until you elect to close your user account.
What are your rights?
You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information at any time. Please note that such a request may affect your use of our site and will de-active your user account.
We will take every reasonable step to delete your Personal Information we have collected (or you have provided); to the extent we are required to retain any such Personal Information for our legal obligations – we will continue to protect such Personal Information and restrict all use except as necessary for such obligations.
How do we protect your information?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. In addition, we require you to use both a user ID and a password to establish your user account. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure, however, so while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Do we share your information?
We only share your data with our authorized third party service providers who need access to assist in providing our products or services. We will also provide information as we are required to comply with our legal obligations.
We do not sell or share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third party for their marketing purposes.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: -Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes -if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us.
- Your right to Access – means that you can ask us for a copy of all Personal Information we hold about you.
- Your right to Correct - if you believe that any of the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such Personal Information by providing us with the correct up-to-date Personal Information.
- Right to Erasure – you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out-of-date Personal Information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation. In certain circumstances you may also have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information (e.g. to close your user account).
- Right to Portability – you have the right to request that a copy of your Personal Information is provided to you or to such other third party as you specify in a commonly used and machine-readable format for any Personal Information we may have collected.
We take special care to protect the safety and privacy of children. Our site is a general audience site, however, in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, we do not permit children under age 13 to register on our site for any product or service. We do not collect or solicit personal information about users who we know to be under 13 years of age. We urge parents and guardians to participate in your children’s online activities and use parental control or other internet filtering technology to monitor content as deemed fit.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us: